Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 1: Favorite Storybooks

The first Storybook I decided to choose was the Hindu Gods and Their Vahanas. The reason I chose this storybook first was because I am really interested in learning about Gods. In fact, I was in the Myth-Folklore class last semester and my storybook was about gods. The title caught my attention real fast and I want to read the whole thing ASAP. The introduction was unique. It began in a completely different way than I would envision it too. It was about luxury cars, and who doesn’t like those!?

The second story I chose was Tales of Love by Kanika Garg. Love is an interesting topic and decided to click on this story and see what it was about. The page is really nice and I like the “starry” background effect. It also has a simple look to it. Nothing is too fancy or hard to find. Everything is in an easy spot to find if necessary. The Intro does a great job at explaining what the storybook will be about. Love can be a magnificent thing, but also dangerous. What makes this storybook so unique is that there are four different stories about love each with different motives.

Last but not least is Maureen Kennedy’s storybook Ravana’s Story. Looking at all of the stories on the list. It looks as if there are a lot of them about Ravana. So being curious I want to try and learn everything I can about Ravana. What better way to do by reading the storybook about Ravana.


Arriving at this page there is a huge picture of Ravana battling two other beings, Rama and 
Lakshmana. The picture is nice and there is also a brief description on who Ravana is. I learned that he is the main antagonist and also extremely evil. This would make sense because the one time I heard about Ravana was on a video game. In that game the Character Ravana was evil. 



Photo by: Abi Skipp

No comments:

Post a Comment