Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week


Reading Review

  • What readings in the class have you enjoyed most/least?
  • What reading and note-taking strategies have you found that work best for you?
  • Do you use your Reading Diary in connection with the Storytelling assignment?
  • When you look back at your old Reading Diaries from early in the semester, do they help you to recall the reading in a useful way?

 I have enjoyed many of the reading we have had in class this semester. I must say that looking back in from both classes they are somewhat the same, BUT completely different terms of writing and especially reading. In the Indian epics class we more focused readings on specific epics rather than week by week stories. I enjoy both methods, but even after experiencing both, one of my favorite readings was to read Narayan's Ramayana. Buck's version was good, but I just liked Narayan's version better. 

The reading diaries were very helpful while going though the sections of readings. I would read a note or two, then I would just read in the book until I finished what the notes were about. Lastly, I would re-read the notes to help myself fully understand everything. This strategy for me works to best just in case you forget some plots or characters. 

For my stories I sometimes refer back to my notes to see if I can find a story that I might like to tell. If I have a really good idea then I will just write my post from memory. Looking back at my old reading diaries, they definitely help me recall information from before like differences in the Ramayana from the two authors. 


Jatayu by- Abhilash Rajendran
This is one of my favorite pictures from my reading diary. I think that It shows perfectly how  Ravana in my mind would kill Jataya. It is pretty epic with the mid-air slice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment