Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 11 Reading Diary A: Santal Stories

This week I am reading the Santal Folklore stories.
The first story that I read was “Ledha and the Leopard.” This story was Ok. I was alittle difficult to follow. It didn’t seem like the leopard had much to do with the story.

In the oilman story. The Bullock wanted to repay his debt to the oilman by placing a 500 rupee wager on a fight with the Raja’s elephant. To my surprise the bullock won and receive the money. In return, the bull was able to leave wherever he liked. He decided to stay with the oilman, but he soon died one month later.


In the Monkey and the Girl story the girl just sacrfices herself for the love of the monkey! Haha that was a strange ending. I liked how to type of monkey was called Hanuman. This reminded me of the Ramayana. 

Bullock - Owned by Ferrets

No comments:

Post a Comment