Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Week

Writing Review 

I really enjoyed writing my introduction and my Birth of Hanuman story. I thought that those were the easiest for me to write because I knew exactly what and how I was going to format the story.
In the second half of the semester, I plan on focusing on story structure and working on my punctuation.

Looking back at my own stories, I think that the best way to prepare yourself for writing a story is to first pick a story that you really enjoy. Next, make sure to take extensive notes on the subject. Lastly, brainstorm ways to recreate the story or re-tell it. I have not looked at other students writing for some ideas yet. Usually, I already have my idea in mind before I read other students work. The feedback that I am receiving is definitely helpful. There have been some students that really help me with plot development and punctuations. I think that the most valuable feedback for me in my writing is about sentence structure and grammar. The biggest challenges for me as a writer sometimes is coming up with a good story. I want my story to be great, and sometimes I find it hard to be so creative.

 
Winter Tree - Burzinski

I really liked this image the best from my Week 1 story. I think that the shadows and the effects on it  look nice. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony! The picture you chose is SO cool! Good job on your review; its very comprehensive! I think you are right to focus on punctuation and sentence structure in this class, because the professor is so helpful concerning those two things. I thought I had really good punctuation and sentence structure and she still finds tons of corrections in my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony,
    I found it a bit amusing to read that you make extensive notes on the subject before writing your story; I have a roommate who is also a business major and this seems just like something he’d do. I suppose this could be nothing more than coincidence. I don’t know that you would find my stories creative (I do), but I tend to play some of my favorite music and simply let my writing take over.

    ReplyDelete